· How do I change my address, telephone number, or email address on file with the Credit Union?
o There are a number of ways to submit a change request:
1. Stop by any of our branch locations and complete an Account Maintenance Form.
2. Print an Account Maintenance Form. Once completed, simply mail to the Credit Union at PO Box 9366, Columbia, SC 29290.
3. Submit a secure email via Guard Online and provide your new information.
Please be sure to sign the Account Maintenance Form as your signature serves as your authorization to make the requested changes.
· What is SCNG FCU’s routing and transit number?
· What is SCNG FCU’s mailing address?
o PO Box 9366, Columbia, SC 29290
· Who can join the Credit Union?
o You and your family members may be eligible to join if you are military or civilian personnel assigned to the Air or Army National Guard in the state of South Carolina; an employee of the State Military Department, a member of the NGASC, or person retired from the above employment.
Please call for more information on eligibility requirements.
· How can I access my account information after hours and on weekends?
o There are a number of ways that you may access your account information:
§ Guard Plus – the Credit Union’s 24-hour automated voice response system. You can access Guard Plus anytime by dialing 866-851-7587. (Note: You will need your member number and your 4-digit PIN. First time users will be prompted to enter the last four (4) digits of the primary account holder’s SSN).
§ Guard Online – The Credit Union’s online banking system.
· When is the next Shred Week?
o The Credit Union schedules Shred Week according to member demand. Generally, they will be held once a quarter at alternating branches. Please check the News and Updates section of our web site for dates.
· I forgot my Guard Online user name or password. How can I get these reset?
· Is there a fee to use Guard Online?
o No, Guard Online is a free service provided to members of the SC National Guard Federal Credit Union.
· I only want a checking account, why do I have to open a savings account, too?
o Your share (savings) account is your membership account. With it, you are eligible for any other products and services offered by this Credit Union.
· How do I join the Credit Union?
o To join the Credit Union, you may stop by any of our branch locations. You may also apply for membership online by clicking on the Open a New Account link. Please be advised, you will need to provide proof of your identity. We accept the following government issued IDs:
§ Military ID
§ Driver’s License
§ State ID
· I want to deposit a check into my account. Will the funds be immediately available?
o Generally, the first $200 of your total check deposits will be available no later than the first business day after the day of deposit. However, there are exceptions and we handle these on a case by case basis.
If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit or as soon as reasonably practical. We will also tell you when the funds will be available.
· How can I get a debit card?
o You must have a checking account to be able to use a debit card. If you do not have a checking account, you may contact the Credit Union to open one.
If you only have a savings account, you can access the funds in your account by visiting a branch or using your ATM card at an ATM machine. Note: ATM cards can’t be used to make purchases.
If you have never been issued a SC National Guard FCU debit card, you will need to complete a debit card application. Please call or stop by any of our branch locations for an application or you may complete an online application here.
· Do I have to be a member to apply for a loan?
o Yes. We will only accept and process loan applications for members.
· How can I apply for a loan?
To apply for a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC), please stop by our Main Office.
To apply for a first mortgage, contact your loan officer at 803-799-1090 or toll-free at 800-922-6310. Mortgage service offered through a correspondent relationship with Midland Mortgage Corporation.
· Can I get pre-approved for a loan before I go vehicle shopping?
o Absolutely! Not only do we grant pre-approvals – we encourage it! Getting a pre-approval before you begin shopping will save you time and a lot of hassle.
· Is there a penalty if I pay my loan off early?
o No, there is no penalty.